You Look Good


Life has been pretty hectic, but I'm trying to get my main poses blocked out for a dialogue piece I've been working on (we won't say how long I've been attempting to work on it).

I find beginning the most exhilarating and intimidating part of any process, animation included.  I'm so excited about brainstorming all the poses and actions, then begin to feel a wave of anxiety rush over me as I wonder how I'm actually going to execute all of it and how long it's going to take me.  So when I start, I start SMALL (because #anxiety).  I'm mostly just trying to get the character out of their canned "t-pose" and give them some life and emotion.  I also start with the thought: what's one pose I can put this character into that sums up who they are and how they're feeling in this clip?  Then try to channel that as I craft my first poses.

With little time to work due to my full-time job, I find myself often rushing the process or mentally beating myself up for how little I've accomplished in a work session, then have to remind myself the process is the fun part!  So I'm trying to move away from the idea that every time I touch a control, it's to get it "right" and move towards the curious/experimental mindset that wants to explore every option within the pose and see how far I can push it.

Now I won't lie, this isn't the first pose I created for Drake (aka Blue), but it is the pose I want to accompany Benny (aka Pink) at this moment.

I have lots of big plans for this piece and am hoping to get outside my comfort zone, we'll see if that actually happens or not!

As always, thanks for reading!

p.s. today's blog post title is courtesy of Lady Antebellum's new single... so catchy, the horns are enough to get you hooked!  Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonder Woman

Box Jump