Sorry Not Sorry

Well, it has been a crazy couple of weeks!  I won't lie, I'm relieved for things to slow down a little bit.  I value sleep, my health and a personal life, haha!

A couple of weeks ago I was asked by a studio to complete 4 animation tests.  With a 2 week deadline and working full-time, I knew it was going to be difficult, but I was ready for the challenge.  The studio provided a very sound and pretty cool looking rig to work with, which I was excited about.

Want to know the awesome part?  Not even 12 hours after I hit submit on the tests I had worked my tail off for 2 weeks to complete and was actually semi-proud of, I received my rejection e-mail (from the HR system, not even a real individual).  So needless to say, I'm now back at square one.

Spare me the lectures on how life isn't fair, I'm quite familiar with this sentiment already.  In an attempt to keep myself sane, I've decided to look at all the positives of the experience: I was intellectually stimulated, learned I can meet realistic deadlines, bonded with my boyfriend, had fun, am looking forward to beginning my next piece and have 4 cool new pieces to show off.  So I present to you my 2 attacks, idle and run cycles!  Tah dah!

Can't wait to share what I have in mind next!  It's related to the sweet super women poses I've been posting and was something I had been mulling over before this whole animation test disruption.

As always, if you have any feedback, tips, words of advice, I'm completely open to it!  I'm always looking to improve.

I almost forgot!  Today's blog post title is brought to you by the badass Demi Lovato.  I'm a sucker for empowering female anthems, so of course I love this song!  Thanks for checking out my blog, much appreciated!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonder Woman

Box Jump