Fast Girl


Hit a bit of a wall in the progress of my dialogue piece.  Not long after beginning to block in poses and create cameras, my scene bogged down and started to lag substantially.  After combing Google, speaking with my mentor and trying everything I could think of, I was at my wit's end.  I finally reached out to Long Winter Studios (the creators of these 2 rigs) and asked for guidance.

The verdict?  A character with wings is basically like having 2 rigs -- a rig for the character and a rig for the wings.  Then I want both characters in the same scene?  That was apparently a scene death sentence.

So after spit-balling with a friend and testing multiple methods out, I decided the least annoying solution was to create new references file in which I hacked the high-poly wings off both characters and utilized the low-poly wings also available on the rigs.  I also created buttons on my Shelf to load and unload the reference for each character.

It's not pretty and still a bit laggy for my liking, but sometimes you have to work with what you got!  I feel like scenes are seldom perfect and figuring out how to maximize the efficiency of what I have is all I can do (and what I'm good at).

So if anyone out there has any tips or tricks for me to speed up my scene, let me know!  I'm all ears!  In the mean time, I hope to get some actual animating in this week, yay!

Oh, and this week's blog post is a song by Seth Ennis that I've been listening to quite a bit over the past couple of weeks.  Hope you like it and as always, thanks for reading my blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonder Woman

Box Jump