Stay


Worked on the second set of poses for my two dragon characters for my next dialogue piece!  Now this was the original pose I began working on for Drake (aka Blue) and I think it sums up his character perfectly.  I also think this still portrays how Benny (aka Pink) is going to be feeling in this piece, hehe.

I'm finding Benny challenging with his short, squatty body and facial controls that seem to want to smile no matter how determined I am to get him to grimace.  I'm also finding Drake challenging because frankly, I've never work with a large, quadraped rig with a wide wing span and am not sure how to get his silhouette to pop when I've got so much rig to work with.

After some words of encouragement and advice from my mentor, I'm feeling confident in handling this large, four-legged creature!  And it's probably no shock, will be gathering much inspiration from the beloved Toothless.

It's so easy for me to noodle poses to death, working on them far longer than I should, finessing all the little pieces.  I call this getting stuck in my "perfection" mode and no longer being in my "creative" mode.  So after realizing I was at this point, I forced myself to take a break from the characters themselves and start connecting with my dialogue itself.

Hope you're enjoying what you're seeing so far!  Stay tuned for more!  Oh, and today's blog post title is the latest collaboration between Zedd and Alessia Cara -- both of whom I'm a huge fan of -- and this new song is my new obsession, check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonder Woman

Box Jump